Reminders for the First Day of School
Please review these reminders prior to the first day of school!
1. Bring one change of clothing to be left at school—the clothing must be labeled and in a large zip lock bag.
2. Bring one crib sheet (used to cover the mat) and one blanket or flat sheet (used to cover the student). Napping materials will be sent home to be cleaned at the end of each school week so that they may be returned at the beginning of the following week. All napping materials should be clearly labeled and sent in a zippered pillowcase/cover.
3. Bring a lunch or purchase a lunch card for a hot lunch. The school observes a "low sugar" (sugar listed as fifth ingredient or lower) policy in the interest of the children's health and behavior. Please provide a nutritious lunch consisting of food from several food groups.
4. Have your child bring a special object, other than a toy, that will help him or her to ease the transition from home to school.
5. Remember to dress your child in comfortable clothing that will not be ruined by the day’s activities. Closed toe and low heel shoes are required.
6. Label all your child’s items with their name.
7. Additional items needed for the Toddler Room:
- Full package of diapers
- Change of clothing with and extra pair of shoes and socks
- When potty training, please send three extra sets of panties or underwear and easy pull-up pants or shorts